Saturday, October 10, 2009

Chicken 7: Eat Fresh

Whoops, I forgot to update a lot of things pertaining to chicken month Friday. At least I remembered enough to get it in. I'll have to think of something to post to facebook to show what I ate.

Chicken 7: Subways Buffalo Chicken Footlong

So after the previous day's epically delicious but immobilizing meal, it was agreed early and easily that Subways would be the meal of choice for the day. Plus its 5 bucks for a sandwich which is a good deal in the area.

So we go to Subways and I order the limited time only buffalo chicken footlong. Sandwich was constructed of wheat bread, provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatos, onions, jalapenos and of course the buffaloed chicken. Five and tax, lunch is served.

The buffalo chicken in the sandwich wasn't really very buffalo. Very light in flavor, not at all spicy really. Tasted like the oven roasted chicken breast, but cut up instead of just coming in big chunks. The rest of the ingredients tasted fresh enough for me to not really notice anything either way. Pretty plain lunch, healthier than what is usually gotten.

The lack of spice from the chicken prompted me to add srircha sauce to the half of sandwich I had yet to consume before remembering I had srircha sauce. I swear that stuff seems a lot spicier now. Could be the aging process, could be me eating less spicy things as of late making me less used to the burn. It did give the sammich the kick it needed though.

Good meal, not at all very memorable for a limited time affair. Probably why I forgot all about it. Yeah that's my excuse

No comments: